Re: Re: Plunger for SII Brake Master Clinder

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Plunger for SII Brake Master Clinder
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:00:05 -0400
Crocus cloth is commonly recommended in shop manuals for
cleaning brake bores - less risk of damage than with hones,
sandpaper, etc.  The ferric oxide on the "cloth" is actually
more of a metal polish - so good for cleaning, but not
effective for dealing with any pits or blisters.  If you have
the latter, consider replacing or sleeving.

Crocus cloth can usually be found in the sandpaper area of most
well stocked hardware stores.

Regards,  Bob Douglas

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more