Re: [Re: [Re: Alpine /Tiger seat belts]]

To: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>, "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: Alpine /Tiger seat belts]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:10:02 -0400
John,

You've touched a very interesting point..... I have noted numerous small
differences between US spec Rootes cars and Canadian ones.  Is it possible
that the Canadian cars used a different seat belt?  Possibly due to differing
regulations?

For example, there were two distinctly different 1967 Sunbeam Arrows.  the US
version was based on the Hillman Hunter (chrome strip down the side and chrome
trim around the windows) while the Canadian model seems to have been based on
the Hillman Minx (no chrome "rub" strip down the side and no chrome trim
around the windows).

It also appears that there were no US Spec 1970 cars-only left over '69's sold
as 1970 models while I have seen two 1970 model Alpine GT's in Canada (they
had the "Rapier" style dash, not wood).

The question is.... was your car a Canadian car or a US car?  Serial numbers
don't help as they seem to have run concurrently for both countries.

Jan Eyerman
1973 Hillman Avenger (ex Plymouth Cricket)
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible

John Slade <edalsj@igs.net> wrote:
Interesting comment by Jan. I have got two sets of three point seat
belts out of 1969 Alpines (mini-barracudas) which had Rootes on the push
button and were both made by Britax.

John Slade
Manotick, ON