Re: Safety Gastanks

To: jaars@cyberportal.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Gastanks
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:36:28 EST
Robert,
I was taking the tanks out of a parts car just last weekend and was thinking
as I did it...  WOW what a death trap!!!

More than the saddle bag tanks is the crossover tube!!  What a poor design
for safety.  I hate to think about the folks that were rear ended and their
trunk turned quickly into a raging inferno.

It would not take a whole lot of smack to break those tubes loose, spilling
the entire contents of the tanks out within seconds.

Anyway, not a good situation.  I wonder if the crossover tubes could be
reversed to face forward, giving more protection.

Paul
Series 3 GT  (with a gas free trunk)