Radios, radios, radios...

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Radios, radios, radios...
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:29:33 -0500
OK, I 'm looking for pictures of factory radios including the mounting
brackets. I have the early HMV for the Series I and Series II Alpines,
but would like pictures of the rest. If you have a factory radio in your
Alpine or Tiger, please send me a picture. I'm mostly interested in the
mounting brackets, especially the later ones. From what I can gather
from the different period shots shown in road tests, Series 3, 4, 5 and
Tiger all have the same type of mounting bracket and speaker box. Is
this correct?

The radio's can vary between EKCO, PYE and Radiomobile. Here's a list of
part numbers by series, taken from the Special Accessory brocheures:

EKCO

      CR915 RF - (Available on: SI, SII)
      CR917 RF - (Available on: SII)
      CR921/M2851 - (Available on: S3)
      CR922/M2851 - (Available on: S3)
      Aerial - CA224/1

PYE

      TCR 2000 ALP - (Available on: SII, S3)
      P2000T/M2738 - (Available on: S3)
      Installation kit - 089166
      Aerial - Various

RADIOMOBILE  Smiths & Sons

      500T SOU 4 - (Available on: SI, SII) (His Masters Voice)
      600T SOU 4 - (Available on: SI, SII, S3)
      620T SOU 4 - (Available on: SI, SII, S3)
      60T SOU 5 - (Available on: SIV, SV)
      970 SOU 5 - (Available on: SIV, SV)
      980 SOU 5 - (Available on: SIV, SV)

I will be using these pictures on a feature story about radios and it
will be posted to the web site concourse section. Thanks for the input.
I'd like pictures of nice complete units if possible. - Ian