Shock problem simple Geometry

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Shock problem simple Geometry
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:24:25 EST
List,
The SPAX G413 is the RIGHT shock for the front end of the slant fins.  I
wrote the other day that I only measured 3" of remaining shock and 4" of
clearance for the safety bump to make contact to the upper cross member.  I
could not see how this would work.

It's funny what we think about laying in bed at night.  I figured it out.
Simply, the closer you get to the pivot point on the lower "A" Arm, the less
distance it will close.  So....since the shock is closer to the pivot point
vs the bump which is almost to the outer limits, when the bump makes contact,
you have yet to close the gap closer to the pivot.

Make sense?

I think way too much about these little things. :)

Paul