RE: Upgrading the Heater

To: "'CANISDOG@aol.com'" <CANISDOG@aol.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Upgrading the Heater
From: Eddie Donovan <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:33:43 -0500
Paul,
I have two Series II's and they are both all wrapped up and put away for the
winter. Winters up here in the Great White North are really hard and there's
a lot of salt put onto the roads which eats up car bodies real fast. We see
about 10 to 15 days every winter where the "high" is in the -35 to -40
range. I can comment on the "plug" in heaters as I do really use them. Great
for helping to defrost the windshield or to have a source of heat directly
in the back seat for passengers. There is not a big heat output, however,
and I wouldn't want to have to count on them. Until the car warms up, the
first 10 minutes or so of the trip to school, my son and daughter pass it
between them and take turns getting some heat.

                                Eddie