Re: fun with brake servo

To: bmounce@bellatlantic.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fun with brake servo
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:09:59 EST
Bill,
Find a nice piece of 1/4" wood dowel.  Cut a piece about 8" long.  Buy some
"00" or "000" steel wool and unroll one piece.  Take some 5 or 30 min epoxy
and mix about a tablespoon up.   Now coat the last 4 inches of the dowel with
epoxy and roll up some steel wool on the dowel.  Roll it so the dowel can be
out into a drill press or hand drill and when turning, will stayed rolled up.
I like to use the drill press because I can really work the cylinder up and
down while turning it.  I use a light weight oil with polishing.  Be sure and
wash everything with lacquer thinner when done.  I assemble with the fluid of
choice for the car.
Hope this helps.

Paul
Colorado