RE: Rover V-8 and Ford V-8

To: <sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com>, "'Jan Eyerman'"
Subject: RE: Rover V-8 and Ford V-8
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:36:32 -0500
David, you were partially correct in that the aluminum sixes were not
successful.  I only saw one of the AMC's.  It was bundled up on the shop
floor of the Rambler dealer, awaitng return to the factory.  The dealer told
me they all had warped (imagine that!) and the whole scheme to produce
Aluminum engines had been dropped by AMC.  This had to have been a major
blow, as that dude was DIE CAST.  Can you imagine the tooling cost they ate
on that?

I never heard (or saw) much about the Chrysler six, but imagine it met the
same fate.

Bill