Scott Christie's question to the list.

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scott Christie's question to the list.
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:01:57 -0500
I'm posting this to the list for Scott Christie who will be spending the next
few days at home with his wife who will be having emergency gall bladder
surgery today. Although he is very concerened for his wife... he still had the
time to call me with an Alpine question. What a dedicated chap Scott is... not
only to his wife, but his Alpine too. Let's all wish the best and a speedy
recovery for Scott's wife Darla.

Here's Scotts question:

His car has been acting up as of late. I've determined that he is getting crud
in his carbs (Zenith - Series 3). Last week, I took his carbs apart and cleaned
and inspected them. There was definately rust particles in the bowl, so Scott
added an inline fuel filter. He knows that this is a temporary fix, but would
like to keep the car running for the rest of this season before replacing the
tanks.

Scott had the car out yesterday and it ran fine for a while. Then it started
acting up again (sputtering out). Now, if he applies the choke half way the car
levels out and runs fine. What's the cause for this and how can it be
corrected? Could the floats be out of wack? I tried to be very careful not to
do anything that would cause them to become out of adjustment. Does anyone out
there have any advice? Scott says thanks! - Ian