Re: Wire Wheel Nuts

To: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>,
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Nuts
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:29:01 -0700
Tom,
This is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!! Don't, REPEAT, DO NOT, REVERSE
THEM!!!!!!!!

When I started racing my Alpine last year (wire wheels) I was
concerned about having them loosen under the stress of racing so I
safety wired them. What I discovered was that they tighten when
driven. (This is due to the physics of the two curved, mating surfaces
of the wheel and knockoff). If you reverse them they will loosen when
driven!

Print this and put it in your shop........

        Left hand thread knockoffs on right side of car
        Right hand thread knockoffs on left side of car

Carl

CarLynne Racing LLC
    CSRG/HSR-West #247 series 1 Sunbeam Alpine
    http://carlynneracing.homestead.com/home.html
    http://VintageLotus.homestead.com/page1.html

Subject: Wire Wheel Nuts

: Is this right?
: Left hand nuts go on the right hand side.
: Right hand nuts go on the left hand side.
: Thanx.
: Tom
: