more from the racing humber in NZ

To: "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: more from the racing humber in NZ
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:39:56 +1200
Hi all

If any of you Rootes freaks are around Auckland, New Zealand this weekend, I
have my Humber 90 (elswhere known as a mk 2 Superminx) up and running again,
and it will be competing in the Auckland Domain Hillclimb on Sunday. With
new 300 degree cam installed, rings bearings and general tidy up, she is
pumping somewhere around the 110hp mark. I've put roughly 250 miles on the
new engine, but well see if I can keep to my arbitrary rev limit of 6300rpm.
At the moment it seems to be pulling very well, but there are a few porshes
entered that may pose some competition!

Wish me luck.

Greg