Servo, M/C and rears

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Servo, M/C and rears
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:43:24 -0500
Bill you are right it would not be easy, could be more trouble than it
is worth and there would be fabrication involved. Hmm for some reason
that all sounds familiar when dealing with Sunbeams. The disc brake
rears were under the Lincolns and some of the Mustangs and maybe Tbirds
and unless you got lucky would be pricey. Still I want one, but will
live with my whiny drum braked rootes unit until it breaks or I stumble
onto a deal.
 Wonder the same thing about my wife's Audi [bunch-o-valves do not want
to think about repair cost or longevity] but when you drive it you just
do not care WOW technology is great. Makes me want a turbo on the
beam...hmmm
 On another note I had ask about a Lockheed servo problem the other day,
well figured it out, there was a little rubber piece missing in the
round plastic gizmo, that I think is what regulates the vacuum. Found it
in the bottom of the box the servo came in stuck it in and all is well.
 To replace a pitted M/C I used a Wilwood M/C the composite one with a
7/8 inch bore. Went in very nice and easy. Swapped the push rod from the
Girling M/C to the Wilwood and used the spacer block, everything bolted
in. Pedal pressure feels the same as with a stock M/C and at this point
it looks like a good replacement. The only snag was had to reflare the
line at the M/C end to an inverted type flare. The Wilwood has a single
square reservoir and was about $70 with shipping. This M/C is on a SV
with a down draft Weber and would also clear a set of strombergs, would
not clear side draft Webers.  Jim