Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge

To: <ellis838@concentric.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge
From: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:25:56 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 1:10 PM

> Hello Bill,
>  Well here goes at least in my opinion..

> Rear ends and transmissions, there is something appealing about the toyota
5 speed
> swap and a late ford rear with disc brakes, I figure I will do both next
winter.

I agree with you about the 5 speed, but what is the alure of the rear disks?
The way I see it, 70% of the stopping effort is done by the front brakes,
and the rear disks tend to have troublesome parking brake mechanisms (even
though I seldom use them, parking brakes are handy sometimes).  Has Ford
produced a 4 bolt pattern in recent years?