Re: Seized Clutch?

To: MKirkpatrickUK@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seized Clutch?
From: lauri@lorenzo.pp.fi (lauri lehtinen)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:29:06 +0300
If roads are suitable you can loose your clutch open by driving. Get the
car out and on a hill, put 2nd gear in and ask your friends to push car to
start it (switch ignition on!!!).
It is better to run it warm first without gear on, of course, so it fires
easily.
Then you drive and keep clutch pedal down all the time. If it does not free
at once, you can use more power and after that heavy engine braking (there
is correct english term, but I don't remember).
My new clutch plate stuck during winter 10 years ago, and it took about
half a mile to free it again.

#arry

#auri Lehtinen
Lehtipuu Oy