Re: [Re: Alpine sighting]

To: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>, GSTROM99@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Re: Alpine sighting]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 7 Jan 2001 22:28:45 EST
The car is either a very late 1969 Sunbeam Alpine GT or a very early 1970
model.  Did it have a wood dash or a warp around plastic one?  The wood dash
would make it a 1969, the plastic one a 1970 model.

Jan Eyerman

Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
PS

Theres another picture and other details at

http://www.vea.qc.ca/sunrap.htm

Cheers

Vic

GSTROM99@aol.com wrote:

> On a road trip today to deliver my Formula car to it's new owner (Dennison,
> IL near Terre Haute, IN), I stumbled across a Sunbeam Alpine GT.  Out of
the
> corner of my eye I spotted "Sunbeam" in script on the rear deck lid and had
> to stop.  It was sitting next to this country road under about 6-8 inches
of
> snow with a bunch of other abandoned looking cars (typical for southern
> Indiana/Illinois country yards...).  It is a complete white fastback, with
> Rootes/Chrysler markings, kinda different taillights and serial
#B399002822.
> I couldn't open the hood  due to the snow.   I'm no expert with these.
What