Re: Driving/Fog light combos

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Driving/Fog light combos
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 13:42:04 -0500
Yes, this is true. I actually have the WIPAC switch that was designed to be
used with this configuration. It has settings marked "spot", "fog" and "both".
The Rootes optional fog light actually has a common toggle switch on the dash
with a plastic bezal that reads FOG (Series I & II only). I've not seen a later
car that came from the factory with this option, but I assume it also said FOG
with the standard type black lettered bezal that the later cars used. The
position of the fog light switch was the hole furthest from the left of the
steering column. Next to the washer pump (LHD cars...RHD cars would of course
be the opposite.).

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com> 11/03/00 11:01AM >>>
I've always known that our cars would come with one fog and one driving
light as an option.  But, I never saw the reason.  This is an answer to the
question asked by someone with the same set up on a non-English car:

>The driving light (plain lens) goes on the driver's side to give you more
>distance vision ahead toward the center of the road. The fog light (fluted
>lens) goes on the passenger side to give you more vision on the side of
the
>road in foggy conditions. This was a rally style set-up in the 50's.

Jay