Winter car help needed please suggest if you have time

To: "'911 List'" <911@rennlist.org>
Subject: Winter car help needed please suggest if you have time
From: Aaron Sudds <asudds@mio.ten.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:02:13 -0400
I am looking for suggestions on a good daily car to supplement my 911 cab
and get me through the Detroit area winters while still having something
sporty.  I only have a few requirements.

I was originally looking for a 944 Turbo in reasonable shape but due to
their age and scarcity I have been having a hard time finding one in my area
on my budget.

I want to spend up to about $10,000
It needs to be Manual Transmission
It needs to have a reasonable amount of miles with little to no rust
It needs to be reliable

I have been looking for a 1990-1995 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo, a BMW E30
M3, Audi 90 Coupe Quattro Turbo, Mazda RX-7 Turbo II, 924S etc.
I am willing to  take on a repairable reasonable mileage car in need of
mechanical repair however I don't want a crashed car.

If you have any suggestions to broaden my search I would appreciate it I am
having quite a hard time, I want something that will measure up to my
driving style and still not break the bank.

I would even like a Renault GTA if I could find one in good condition, a
friend of mine bought on and it is great fun for the money... about $1500
for a GTA convertible with 75000 miles on it.

I am basically looking for a factory hopped up special edition Pro-Rally or
SCCA reg.  limited run car to qualify for homologation rules in the late
80's early 90's ... ie. M3, GTA, All Trac.

I just don't know what else I can look for.

Thanks for any and all suggestions...

Aaron T. Sudds
1986 911 Cabriolet... too good to see salt