Re: [6pack] MUFFLER REPLACEMENT

To: Dave <dave@ranteer.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] MUFFLER REPLACEMENT
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
Stainless vs. mild steel? Depends on how long you plan to keep the car and the
conditions you drive it. If you drive the car do you drive it long enough so
that it's fully warmed up and has purged residual moisture from the exhaust
system? Do you keep the car in temperature controlled garage? If you answer
yes to these you're probably okay with steel.

Do you plan to sell the car at
some point? If so, most buyers prefer stainless steel exhaust.

So far as the
installation at a shop is concerned I would talk to the shop you plan to use
before you order anything, but I imagine they would prefer the preformed
pipes. Having said that, I have installed a replacement exhaust system and
it's not too hard. The important thing is safety. I jacked up the car and put
the wheels on concrete blocks. The specialized tool you'll need is an exhaust
pipe separater. I have one and would be glad to give it to you (or anyone
else) for the cost of shipping.

Good luck!

Jim Jones

On Monday,