Re: [6pack] speedo failure

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] speedo failure
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:40:58 GMT
Take a short drive with the speedo cable disconnected from the speedo to see if
the inner cable is turning. If not, be sure that the square end goes up into
the drive at the tranny is seated. (You should feel it drop in, and the other
end of the cable then won't turn).

The end that goes into the speedo shouldn't be longer than 3/8 inch. I wrapped
the end of my cable tightly with masking tape and ground off the excess.