[6pack] Rockers or Rollers?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Rockers or Rollers?
From: janah@att.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:45:43 +0000
Hi all-

Please forgive the cute subject line, but I wanted to get some input regarding
rocker assemblies as I am reaching the point in my engine rebuild where I need
to think about the head. I have many questions.

What exactly wears in the rocker assembly?
I hear that the TR6 rockers can't be bushed?
Does this mean that the Rocker Arms need to be replaced?
Does it make sense to go with roller rockers instead?
Holland & Sharpe vs. Richard Good?
I really hate valve clatter (sewing machine sound). If I were to go with
roller rockers would this go away?
Do I need to replace the pedestals?
The rocker assembly uses springs to keep the rockers in place.  I have seen
spacers that take the place of the springs.  So springs or spacers?

Thanks for Now,
John Cyg