[6pack] Accelerator Bushings

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Accelerator Bushings
From: "Steve Kirsis" <sakirsis@consolidated.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:27:09 -0600
I have read all these elaborate designs and configurations for accelerator
bushings and would like to add my design, which is a 1 inch piece of 3/8" fuel
line slid over the shaft and squeezed very easily into the opening for the
bushings. Has held very nicely on my 2 award winning TR-6s and never noticed
by the judges. Both cars have them and after 5 years show no signs of wear.
Pedal movement has remained free and easy. Just my 2 cents worth. Steve Kirsis
'70 Damson and '75 Pimento with original A/C. The job could probably be made
easier by slicing the fuel line and applying it over the shaft near the
opening, but I have done the job by cleaning the shaft and sliding the line
over the shaft from the passenger side--of course this involves disconnecting
the shaft, a very simple non frustrating job.