Re: [6pack] Silicone Fluid

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Silicone Fluid
From: "Dombey, John R." <JOHN.R.DOMBEY@saic.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:15:22 -0700
Eric,

I've been running the purple stuff since early 2003 with no issues that
I can attribute to the fluid.  The clutch master wept just a little from
day one, but it was a unit that I had rebuilt during my restoration, so
I suspect either marginal seals or poor workmanship on my part.  I
replaced it with a new one last year and everything has been fine since.
I too was worried about paint damage with DOT 3, and at the time the
paint was fresh and shiny...

OTOH, Greg at BPNW is pretty knowledgeable - he's never steered me
wrong, and has saved my bacon a couple of times.  The poor lubrication
comment seems strange - isn't silicone inherently slippery stuff?

John
'69 TR6