Re: [6pack] Supplier of bad bolts

To: triumph@2simpleusa.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Supplier of bad bolts
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:56:54 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Supposedly, there's a rod bolt available from Catapiller (I think) that's
a direct fit for TR6 rods. AND they are x-rayed for defects so you know
they are good.

I don't recall that the TR6 rod bolts are anything that unusual, 3/8" fine
thread... the shank underthe head is precision fit to the hollow locating
dowels, that's pretty much it. So, an off the shelf bolt (any grading)
would probably not work but there are other sources of bolts out there.

FWIW, I did a motor this weekend with the GoodParts replacement rod bolts.
Very nice. Def. reccommended.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489