[6pack] C - shaped piece on the steering colum ?

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] C - shaped piece on the steering colum ?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:30:15 +0000
1974.5 TR6. On the outer steering column tube there are two C shaped things.
One is a spring steel contraption that goes under the top part of the bracket
that is closest to the dash. I can see that in the Bentley pictures.

There is another C shaped and fairly substantial piece of metal that I recall
hovers somewhere near the steering lock hole but I'm struggling to remember
exactly where this fits and what it does.

Anyone know ?

Stan