Re: [6pack] Starting problems

To: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>, <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Starting problems
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:06:44 +0000
I've always wondered why the wires on my 69 don't match the picture in the
Hayes manual. Once 20 years ago I moved them around to match the picture. Of
course it wouldn't start, so I moved them back. (haha) Let me know if you need
a description of how they are. I'm not sure they were just 180 off, but maybe
so. It's been a long while ago.

Sloane :)
CC26455L> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:22:08 -0500> From: rgperry@earthlink.net>
To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com> CC: 6pack@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [6pack]
Starting problems> > Mike,> > After thoughts below:> The 69 distributor could
be 180 degrees out of phase. Since you used a working cap and wires, the order
would be correct on the new cap but wrong for the 69 distributor. Check that
the rotor points to number one when at the crank is at TDC. Also the timing
chain could have jumped a tooth about 8 degrees difference.> > > >Mike,> >>
>My suggestions are the following:> >1. Make sure the generator gas tank level
is above the the fuel pump.> >2. Check the ignition static timing.> >3. verify
compression.> >4. Remember the basics, fuel vapor (air and fuel), compression
and spark.> >> >Regards,> >Greg Perry>
Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobi
le_Zune_V3