Re: [6pack] Clutch Replacement

To: Alan Salvatore <6parts@charter.net>, Oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch Replacement
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:49:06 -0800 (PST)
Al,

I've done the job by myself...several times
unfortunately.  I think the extraction is almost
ALWAYS easier than the reinstall.  Have yourself a
towel or something to cover the floor, this is of
course after you've removed the passenger seat & all
the other crap(er, i mean BLING) you have in yer car.
Have a jack handy to raise/lower the engine as
required.  You may also have to use the jack on
reinstall.  In fact, it may be handy to have 2
jacks...one for the engine & one for the gearbox.
Yes, you should have some dowels(correct size bolts
will do) for the install about 3 & 7 o'clock.
Sometimes the holes on the bell housing get mushroomed
making it difficult to tell which holes are larger.
May be easier to tell from the engine plate side.  The
bolts are actually larger(not sure of size) for those
2 holes.  The gearbox usually requires some "wiggling"
at the back end and the engine will require some
up/down movement, but it's do-able!  I did
mine...overdrive too.

Toad

--- Alan Salvatore <6parts@charter.net> wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> Since the hernia operation, 50lbs is my limit,  and
> we're talking O/D trans.
>
> Where's he hiddin.
>
> lol
>
> Al