Re: [6pack] Engine Mounts

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org (Bob Danielson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine Mounts
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:54:46 -0800
Bob---TRF's engine mounts work very well. When in place, you should have
9/16 inch between the steering rack (and cross brace) and the front
pulley, to accomodate fan belt changing. My last mounts were changed in
2000, and the belt still slips in and out just like new!.

Dick
Bob wrote:

I'll be replacing the engine mounts when I re-install the engine and am
wondering about the differences between the TRF stock and competition
mounts (http://tinyurl.com/36oqrd). Are there any other mounts out there
that work really well and last longer? I'd love to find a mount that
positioned the engine in such a way as to allow for fan belt changing.
Thanks
Bob
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U