Re: [6pack] Wilwood Calipers on TR6

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, "'Bob
Subject: Re: [6pack] Wilwood Calipers on TR6
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:06:18 -0500
>> BTW, look at all the grade 8 hardware he used in putting the
>> front end together. Looks like it would take a direct strike from a
>> tactical nuke to do anything to it.

I like that Vance!  A tactical nuke!  LOL!

Every fastener on bowtie6 was replaced.  Not one 'original bolt was re-used.
I used Grade-8 for all suspension, engine mounts, etc.  All the differential
bolts, trailing arm bolts and body-to-frame mounting bolts are Grade-8.  On
some very special applications like the bolts holding the calipers (front
and rear) the heads were drilled and the bolts were safety wired.

Everything else - mainly body panels and less stress components - use
stainless fasteners.  For example, the entire collection of bolts that hold
the fenders, bonnet hinges, boot lid, etc.  I used of anti-seize on all of
them and in some cases (only a few), I used blue Loctite.

Finally there were some specialty fasteners that were specially ordered.
For example the nuts that hold the Nissan driveshaft flanges to the diff are
special and the bolts holding the headers to the block had to be special
order.

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/

        Interesting that the logo on the calipers themselves says
"wilwood". I never noticed that before. Is there a fancy "d" in there
somewhere that I am missing?.

        BTW, look at all the grade 8 hardware he used in putting the
front end together. Looks like it would take a direct strike from a
tactical nuke to do anything to it.

        Vance