Re: [6pack] TRF seatbelts?

To: John VanNorman <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TRF seatbelts?
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:36:57 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

The answer is - NO you cannot use the seat belt parking thingie with the
new belts.

To me, it's the ONLY drawback to getting them. However, I put safety very
high on my list (much higher than concours "correctness") and I'd rather
have a safe belt that's 5 years old than a "correct" 30-year-old belt
that'll do "whatever" in the event of a shunt.

FWIW, for the concours wannabes - VTR does not subtract points for
replacement belts, at least they didn't when I tried judging a while back.

All that said - if someone came up with a seat belt parker thingie for the
new belts (I think they're "Secure-On" brand), you could sell quite a few
to TR6 owners that installed the new belts.

If you don't know what the seat belt parker thingie is, there was a black
plastic thing (white plastic on some cars) secured to the inner sill where
you could place the tab of the seat belt when not in use. It makes ingress
/ egress easier and the seat belt tab won't get caught in the door on
occasion if you park 'em.

regards,
rml
Pay no Attention      to the DINGS in the door |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489