Re: [6pack] Driveline vibration

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Driveline vibration
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:29:26 -0600
As I recall the conversation with the garage owner, his guy did identify
a missing hanger "insulator" and most of the vibration disappeared with
its replacement. Perhaps resonance in the exhaust was being transferred
to the driveline or more likely the floor pan as the shifter really
vibrated and now it does not. The vibration is now more heard than felt,
and at a much higher speed, so it's entirely possible that a bearing is
the culprit. I'll let everyone know the end of the story!

Thanks for responding.

Rick Norris