[6pack] Upholstery

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Upholstery
From: <johnehorton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 19:17:18 -0800 (PST)
I am upholstering the TR6. I insulated the interior with reflective sound
deadening material.  I am also gluing most of the material in place.  The kick
pads do need some screws to hold properly.  I came up with an answer to
drilling through the upholstery and backing to start the screws.

I sharpened a small drift punch to a very fine point and drove it through the
material insulation and just into the metal.  I dis not pull it immediately and
got the screw and anchor then pulled out the punch and drove the Philips into
the hole.  Very easy and no snagged drill bit.  Try that on your next project.

John Horton