[6pack] BMW fourth brand

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] BMW fourth brand
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:44:52 -0400
This is from Edmonds Auto Observer.  Given all the "new Triumph"
rumors we've heard over the years that never come to fruition, I'm not
holding my breath that BMW's "fourth brand" would actually be Triumph,
but we'll see.
-------

A Fourth Brand

Reithofer confirmed a fourth brand could join BMW, Mini and
Rolls-Royce in the future. Beyond that Reithofer only hinted about
what that fourth brand would be. It would not, he insisted, be
established in the next 12 months.

But he hinted that it could be a brand established with a strategic
partner where the automaker could find "synergies and efficiencies."
He used as an example BMW, an expert on rear-drive, possibly
partnering with a front-drive expert. He discussed cars smaller than
the 1 Series and Mini, for emerging markets. He talked about BMW's
existing partnerships, including those with France's PSA, its
three-way cooperative with General Motors and Daimler-Chrysler for
two-mode hybrids and its newly established partnership with Daimler on
hybrids and powertrains.

It sounds like he's got something firm in mind but isn't telling. "You
see me smiling," he teased at the press conference and listening via
Web cast.

--
www.vannorman.no-ip.org