Re: [6pack] Uh-Ohhhh!

To: rivers2hills@yahoo.com (John Summers)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Uh-Ohhhh!
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:41:42 -0700
John---You could replace both units, or just the one that leaks. IF it's
the clutch MC that leaks, the fluid will be weeping into the carpet
area. If it's the SC, it'll be on the ground under it.

A new seal could be all you need.

Dick

rivers2hills@yahoo.com(John Summers)

Let's discuss:
It's been a few days since I ventured out in the TR6. I had been
noticing a slight click through the clutch pedal when I shifted gears.
It is standard procedure for me to check the fluid resivoir before I
take her out. Tonight I jumped in and -boink! - the clutch pedal went to
the floor. It came back, thanks to the spring. Then I checked the fluid
and it was "way low", like3" down the hole. Filled her up and pumped a
few times but it wasn't coming along.
So, I guess it's time for dirty hands.

We have no way of knowing if it is the master or slave cylinder from my
description do we?

As I recall, new cylinders are pretty inexpensive. Collective wisdom?
Should I rebuild or replace? John Summers
'74 TR6