[6pack] Door panels - DOH!!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Door panels - DOH!!
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

  I opened up my doors today to renew the window channels, which was not nearly
as tedious of a chore as I'd anticipated. What DOES have me baffle is
installing new interior door panels. My old ones were simply attached to the
doors with screws. After attemping to install the new panels with the #*)@?=!!
clips I'm ready to open my wrists with the vague hope that the sacrifice will
find favor with the Standard-Triumph gods. Criminey!

  There must be a technique for doing this, or apparently my IQ is lower than
that of Larry the Cable Guy.

  My questions are this:

  1. Do I push the clips onto the sides of the holes adjacent to the perimeter
of the panels, or on the opposite sides? Or ... ????

  2. Are the springs placed on the spindles of the door handles and window
cranks with the larger end away from the spindles, or the opposite?

  Whyizzit that the seemingly minor chores are such an unprintable pain in the
blankety-blank? ARRGH!

  Any help is appreciated. I'm considering hiring it done, or setting my self
on fire. The latter is beginning to seem more and more reasonable.

  Jim
  Drinkin' and pouting