Re: distributor caps

To: Alan Salvatore <tr6parts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: distributor caps
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:46:29 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Alan Salvatore wrote:

> Nappa still has distributor caps for TR6 that have copper contacts in their
> premium brand..  About $20.00

Yep - EP55. I think the rotor was EP44, I always got a kick out that (ref.
Gp 44). But I bought so many, the part numbers are "burned in". Of course
I can't recall my anniversary, but that's "how it goes".

I used a ton-o-these (NAPA/Echlin ign. parts) before I converted to
Mallory. I had really good luck with the NAPA cap, rotor and
points/condensor But it's been a while since I converted (5+ years) and a
lot can change in 5 years.

I probably have a few EP55's out the garage (somewhere). In fact, I think
I found one IN THE CAR the last time I gave it a good cleanout. See the
conversion reference to fully understand that comment. Oh, there's a
Mallory spare too. Since 9/11, I don't trust anyone.

:-0

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489