Re: studs vs bolts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: studs vs bolts
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:47:41 +0000
>On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, oliver wrote:
>
> > last night, as i was drifting off to sleep (surely i have better things
> > think about!!!) it occurred to me that the bolts on the air
>filter/cleaner
> > whatever you want to call it could be replaced by studs and that would
>make
> > life easier.
> >
> > is this a good idea?  bad idea?  anyone done this?

There is a type of cap screw fastener ( I don't know the proper name), it
uses a flush mount as used in knife handles (I have them on my bayonets)
that has a straight bit slot for a screwdriver that would work. They have a
fairly wide head that would be strong and secure. Any hardware store would
have them in their fastener department. Steve

Valentines Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping