Off idle stumble

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Off idle stumble
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:50:27 -0400
     I have a stumble as I pull away in 1st gear once the car warms up.
Once I get rolling, everything seems normal.  Ive recently changed
distributor because of wobble in the old one. Its a newly rebuilt lucas
and the timing appears to be right on including the retard unit.  When I
pull the hose off the retard capsule, the engine does increase speed by
about 500 rpm, not sure if that's normal.  I also recently adjusted the
temperature compensators per Nelson Riedle's article.  They didn't seem
to be working at all before.  Since this seems to be temperature
related, should this be the first thing to suspect?  Dashpots are
filled.  Any advice would be appreciated.  John Mitchell  76 TR6