Re: Rough Running Update

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rough Running Update
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:18:01 -0700
Don't know  what Jim concluded, but his symptoms almost exactly
mirror mine, in the end I found two (2)  bad plug  wires and a bad
coil ... I have replaced the wires with Magnecor and  in that process
I found the coil to be "strange"  that  is, the new Magnecor coil
wire just slipped into the hole ... no "thump"  of a connection.  I
took a good look at the  old coil  wire and found that the connector
had  be spread open almost 1/4 inch and solder was on the end.
I showed the  coil to Wayne Bier at  Triumphs Only and he  said he
had never seen one quite like  it ... while it  said  Lucas on the
top it was obvious comparing it  to a new  "lucas" coil that  the
hole  was  much larger.
I have been suffering from a severe case of diarrhea and have not
installed  the new  coil yet, but I am hoping that  it  will  solve
the problem ... all good thoughts  appreciated ... X;{

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L