RE: Exhaust Manifold question

To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Exhaust Manifold question
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:53:07 -0700
Michael:

I just installed the Moss tubular header along with the Ansa exhaust and
there were a couple of minor fitment issues that weren't too difficult to
overcome:

1) The "ears" that fit around the studs on the bottom part of the header
needed to be ground down a bit to fit.  This took about 15 minutes with my
angle grinder.
2) The ports needed to be matched.  This wasn't difficult, but took a few
hours with my black&decker dremel-type thing.  I really didn't need to
remove that much material, but the bits kept wearing out and I'm guessing
there must be a better source than the dremel ones.
3) I had to replace one of the studs with an allen-head cap screw due to
clearance issues.
4) The end pipe of one of the two sides needed to be expanded a bit.  I took
the advice of the list and went over to a local muffler shop that did it for
me for free in a matter of minutes.

I sent the part out to be Jet Hot coated and it came back looking beautiful!
  It took me about a day to bolt it all back together (including the exhaust
system).  I assume I got some performance gain, but even if not, the sound
of the system when I put my foot into it makes it all worth it.

Dwayne