Re: Alum Flywheel - honing in on a source CORRECTION

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alum Flywheel - honing in on a source CORRECTION
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:10:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Sorry abou tthe resend, I had a(nother) brain fart this afternoon. :-)

There are two TR6 cranks, early and late. Early is TR250 and TR6 through
to about _CC75000_. Late is all CC75001 through CC82xxx (basically all
'72's used the late style)and all CF1 through the end. If yo have a CP or
a CR motor, the numbers should be the same as the corresponding CC/CF
series. Early cranks are called "long tail" and late cranks are called
"short tail" interchangably with early/late style.

So - the late style flywheel will fit your late TR6, providing that you
have the original (short tail) crank.

Please note also that there was apparently a technical service bulletin
that early cranks were replaced with late-style if they needed
replacement, although I have never seen the TSB, the relative scarcity of
early cranks backs that up.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx