Overdrive Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:53:41 -0800 (PST)
RE Rick Patton's Overdrive question:
  Since I have the A type overdrive my stock setup has OD on the top 3 gears.
I have had the OD since I got my 6 so I have gotten used to uisng the OD
switch.  Personally I don't see any problem with switching into 2nd OD.  If you
accidentally do this just go ahead and run it through 2nd OD and go directly to
4th (non OD).  I have found that I rarely use 2nd and 3rd OD unless I am
autocrossing or racing someone.  Over time you become used to having the OD by
the turn signal and using it becomes second habit.  Maybe you should give it a
little longer before you yank off that wire to 2nd OD.

  Having said that I do ocassionally find that I have forgotten to switch off
the OD.  Although there is supposed to be a disengagement something or other
for the OD when you place the transmission in reverse the possibility of
ruining the OD if the cut out fails to work has always concerned me.  Recentl
someone mentioned in passing that they had heard of people wiring the OD switch
to one of those red lights on the dash between the speedo and the tach (at
least that's where they are on my 1970).  This sounds like a great idea since I
wouldn't know what it meant if one of these came on anyway.  I haven't gotten
around to doing this but next time I have to crawl under the dash I intend to
try out that idea.

   Thanks for the throttle body injection, it still works flawlessly.  Now what
did I hear about Al Salvatore thinking about a supercharger???  Fugetaboutit.

  Mike Lunsford 1970 TR 6