Re: Getting the brake drum back on

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Getting the brake drum back on
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:02:33 -0700
John,

Unfortunately my suggestion is going to be that you take the offended wheel
cylinders apart to make sure the seals didn't get bunged up.  That may be why
its so hard to push the cylinder/shoes back in place.   You might have turned
a seal "inside out".

Not that I'VE ever done what you did but I'd almost bet that the wheel
cylinder will leak even if you get it forced back enough to slide the brake
drum back on.  Better to check it now than worry that it might leak...now or
eventually, and have to take it all back apart at a much less convenient time
and place.

Bud

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)