Re: Brake Upgrade - TR6

To: Andy Schwarz <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Upgrade - TR6
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:10:25 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

For those of you that have done this conversion, there has been some
discussion on one of the other lists about the availability of custom race
pads for the Toyota setup. Apparently, at least one of the brake pad shops
is going to make limited runs of these pads (I think it was Porterfield,
but it may have been CarboTech) but the bottom line is that CUSTOM brake
pads from those folks may be tougher to get in the near future. Of course
you can always get "a pair at a time" re-lining from some of the specialty
shops (like TSImportedautomotive.com) if you're willing to shell out a
little more money. BTW, the TSI "cold stop" carbon kevlar pads are pretty
darned good for autocross in my experience.

Uncommercially yours,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx