Re: Lucas Light Switch

To: "Zimmerman, John" <john.zimmerman@dpg.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Light Switch
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
John:

I recently took apart my gauges and cleaned them. Nearly everyone asked told me
to use that black 3M auto weather stripping. It comes in 16" (?) strips in box
with more than you'll ever use. I rolled a quantity into small strips and
packed it into the bezel rings and then pushed the glass lens into the ring.
Works very well. If you don't want to buy a box, reply to me off list and I'll
send you enough to do your gauges. (N/C) Although I must admit that I'm amazed
at how useful the stuff is to have in the workshop. I've used it in place of
the the high priced rubber grommets to protect wires in areas of my car that
don't show up (much). It's great stuff!

Jim

(snip)