RE: Single Component Paint vs Clear Coat & Base

To: "6pack 6pack@autox. 6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Single Component Paint vs Clear Coat & Base
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 21:51:37 -0400
Hi Ron,

Vance gave you spot on advice. My store sells automotive paints of all types
including urethane enamels  and base coat / clear coat. If you were to paint
the car yourself at home I'd opt for the urethane but if your painter is a
full fledged body shop go for the base / clear -especially with the red. A
lot of new reds are actually three step.

I painted my car at home and must say it came out pretty darn nice but the
fumes really got to me. Enough so that my wife wanted to take me to the
emergency room. I learned a valuable lesson about respirators with old
filters and ventilation!

However you decide I'm sure you will be pleased. Everybody loves a shiny red
TR6!

Rick
my painting story: http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/paint.htm