Re: Good deal on webers?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Good deal on webers?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>     Folks:
>
>         There is a nice set of webers on eBay at the moment for starting
> price of $350. That seems like a pretty good neighborhood, yes?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=79768
> 76612&category=33550
>
>         Vance

pretty good.... bwa ha ha ha ha...

you are kidding, right.

Grab those babies. Note that the Cannonintake manifold is the early style.
These are much harder to come by. If you have a TR6 with an early head,
you should buy them just for the manifold.

One curious  factor to me is that these are DCOE40 model 18's. I'm not
100% sure, but the newer ones are model 151, if memory serves.

But I'm sure this set can be made to work. Note the picture with the BOX
of brass from getting them set up. :-)

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx