Low Oil Pressure Solution

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure Solution
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:01:13 -0400
Hi List,

  Many potential sources for the problem were offered, but if my old,
feeble memory serves me correctly, the actual solution wasn't ventured.
It turns out that the problem was with the gauge in the dash and the
problem was actually two problems. The first was that the fitting on
the gauge had loosened, which caused a seemingly large but actually
small amount of oil to be deposited behind the dash and over the radio.
(advanced TR6 rustproofing) The second problem was that there was a
small piece of something that looked like gasket material that was
partially clogging the oil flow where the fitting attaches to the
gauge. I cleaned the fitting and gauge, applied some plumbers tape and
tightened, using a wrench this time. Started the car and had a cold
pressure of 90lbs. Driving at 2K the oil pressure was about 60lbs,
close to 75lbs at around 3k or so, and when the engine was hot at idle
about 25-30lbs. I feel a little better about those readings.

  Thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions. Now, to just
tackle that oil leak at the front of the engine.

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108