Re: Re Low oil pressure

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re Low oil pressure
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:15:23 EDT
I certainly agree with Vance that the thread is overlooking the oil viscosity
affect.  However, unless the engine has been newly rebuilt with new seals,
pump, rings, valve guides, etc., I would recommend staying with a mineral based
oil rather than a synthetic.  Try Castrol 20w-50.  That will boost pressure a
few pounds without the potential affect of switching an old engine to a modern
oil.  Part-timers disease causes me to forget why synthetics are not
recommended for our motors.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO