Moving from Baltimore to California- need emissions advice!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moving from Baltimore to California- need emissions advice!
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:44:21 -0700
Hello list:
My relocation from Baltimore to the East Bay of California is building
momentum.  I will be completely moved to the left coast by the end of June.
I had to end my term as president of Triumphs Around the Chesapeake (TRAC)
early because of my move, but I plan on contacting the Triumph Travelers Sport
Car Club in the Bay area.  I'll be in the Danville/San Ramon area once I get
settled.  Aside from driving a U-Haul cross-country in the coming weeks, I am
completing some improvements and consolidations to my TR250 collection.

Currently I have a green TR250 with a completely restored chassis, but a body
that is a 5 out of 10.  I also have a mechanically unrestored red TR250 with
30K original miles and a 9 out of 10 body.  I am in the process of rebuilding
the engine of the green chassis which will soon receive the red body, leaving
me two restored halves and a very nice car.

The two unrestored halves with be joined and sold for what ever I can get.
The green body is very functional with new carpet and wiring harness and the
unmolested and operating rolling chassis should be attractive to someone.  I
have some initial interest locally, but nothing definite as of yet.  If
someone on the list has an interest, please contact me to discuss.

My engine rebuild involves adding a triple weber set up.  I am concerned about
California emision requirements for registering my car once I get out there.
Is there someone in CA with a Triple Weber set up that passes the emissions
standards that can give me advice while I'm still in the process of the
rebuild?  I do not know if my 1968 car is exempt from emissions standards or
are the standards tighter for older cars?  Any help is welcome

Andy Packard
Towson, MD to San Ramon, CA in the next seven weeks!