Re: Setting Timing

To: MTRsix71@aol.com
Subject: Re: Setting Timing
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:49:46 EDT
Michael,
I just read your very comprehensive explanation of the installation of the
Crane system instead of points.  I have the Crane ignition on my 1976 TR6  and
have points and a condensor in my boot for emergencies.  However I am  pretty
inexperienced in this area and I do not have any real knowledge of points
systems.  It appears to me that the plate in the distributor has been  altered
accept the Crane system and there is nowhere to properly attach the  points.
Is it possible to obtain just the plate (if I am using the correct  term) to
replace should you wish to trade out the systems?  Also, could you  go ahead
and mount the points on the spare plate and have it ready to go for an
emergency?  I have never had a problem with the Crane system, but I did not
install
it and I could not diagnose problems with it if necessary.   However, I
believe that with the proper parts I could get it working or have a  buddy who
knows
how these things work get it going again.  I would be  interested in your
thoughts on this matter.
David Gill
1976 TR6